Due to the popularity of our original MudGuard, Auralex is now introducing a redesigned and completely unique solution for microphone isolation in any environment.
- Convex Technology Redirects Internal Sound Energy Away from the Microphone
- Solid Shell Reduces External Noise While Filtering Unwanted Overtones
- Minimizes Excessive Room Ambiance and Off-Axis Sound
- Uses Auralex® Studiofoam® for Maximum Absorption Performance
- Mounts Easily to Most Microphone Stands
- MudGuard v2 Dimensions: 16” Wide x 10” Deep x 14” Tall
The MudGuard v2 uses a new, proprietary convex design which diverts internal shell reflections, offering unsurpassed performance among all microphone shields. Most flat and concave shields tend to focus energy toward the microphone causing unwanted coloration. The unique, patent pending, multi-radii convex shape of the MudGuard™ v2 is designed to direct any unwanted and off-axis acoustic energy away from the microphone. The non-perforated, solid back on the MudGuard v2 allows for maximum sound isolation by blocking reflected sound from the recording environment to the microphone. The included hardware allows the MudGuard v2 to easily mount to most microphone stands and allows the user the flexibility to adjust the microphone proximity.