47 Productions is a commercial audio and video production studio built from the ground up with a large high ceiling talent room, vocal booth, and full-size mix room. The facility includes full-size in-wall monitoring and Protools HD recording.
What was the original vision of the client?
The owner DJ Bravo wanted a world-class facility to support his own product development, and the support of his related performing artists, while also being available to professionals that need that “big-room” level audio production,
Basics of system design:
The facility is built around AVIDProToolsHDX solution with Slate control a custom JBL/TAD in-wall monitor solution with BSS signal processing. The Acoustics are broadband absorptive design with a degree of variable reflection in the talent areas. SDI, Dante and network distribution, video relay and intercom, and full UPS support is provided throughout the facility. LED color-changing lighting for moods to suit the creative mindset. Lighting, Airconditioning, door locks, intercom, and all the other components to encompass a full building management solution is integrated into the owner’s mobile devices and touch screens distributed around the facility.
Special key points or design features or challenges?
- The facility is the only large format commercial recording facility in the country and is designed from the ground up to get very loud at reference quality utilizing a custom-built 14000w free hung in-wall 4-way active monitor solution
- 110db at the mix position with measured reference-grade response mix position. Additional monitoring includes concentric 2-way nearfields and 5.1surround ready monitoring solutions
- Seamless operation between ProTools, Logic, and most other popular DSP solutions, utilizing Dante, thunderbolt, and Digilink all integrated by Slate touch screen session management
- Locally built full STC rated doors (Sound Transmission Control)
- All analog signal cabling is done in Mogami cable, Great river, and Maag mic preamps with ample 500 series explanation space provided all wired to a bantam facility patch bay.
- Extensive data and SDI video wiring in all rooms making the facility ready for video production, post, and future-proofed for significant growth including SDI, Dante, and NDI.
- All electrical supply is double sine wave filtered fully online UPS allowing for an extremely low noise floor
- Video and audio intercom from all locations for artists and operator communications and a full size walk through high STC rated glass separation between control and talent adds to the artists and production comfort
- Silent low-speed aircon solution with full room to room isolation. Slate touch screen monitors for fast and flexible operation
Sounds amazing, Trinidad and Tobago urgently needed an audio studio like this. Loved the ability to switch between different DAW platforms